VFLA Poster Contest
This year our poster contest theme is Global Citizens “Listen First To Understand” ~Stephen R. Covey
- POSTER CONTEST INFORMATION
All students of VFLA members are encouraged to enter VFLA’s annual poster contest. This contest has changed, it now takes place in the winter. A cash prize (1st place: $25.00, 2nd place: $20.00 and 3rd place: $15.00) will be awarded in each of three divisions (High School, Middle School, and Elementary). The winning posters are announced and displayed at the Spring Convention and the winners are honored at a reception at the State House in Montpelier in late spring.
This year our contest theme is Global Citizens “Listen First To Understand”~Stephen R. Covey.
- All entries should be postmarked no later than Friday, 13 January, 2017.
- CONTEST PARTICIPANTS MUST BE STUDENTS OF A VFLA MEMBER.
- Posters must be created and submitted by individual students.
- Members of the art community will judge the posters. Their decision will be final.
- The theme must appear on the poster.
- The posters will be judged on the basis of a) visual impact and overall appeal, b) relevance to the theme, c) neatness, d) originality, e) accuracy, and f) conforming to size requirements (poster cannot exceed the standard 22” x 28” poster board size, or be smaller than ½ the size of a standard poster board.)
- Each teacher can submit 5% of the total number of students enrolled in all of their classes. (ex: 100 students = 5 posters, 200 students = 10 posters)
2015 Poster Contest Winners
The theme was “A different language is a different vision of life”
Ashleigh Forcier, Saint Francis Xavier, Mme. Hawes
Alexis Llanos, Saint Francis Xavier, Señorita Caron
Stella Borsuk, Marion Cross School, Allison Litten
Christopher Llanos, Saint Francis Xavier, Mme. Hawes
Dana Kasti, Williston Middle School, Deb Laskarzewski
Maggie Warren, Williston Middle School, Deb Laskarzewski
Savanah Tebeau -Sherry, Colchester High School, Sra. Carrie Robinson
Cedar Winslow, Vergennes Union High School, Mme. Kristin Caterer
- Aubreanna- Rose Petit, Mount Anthony School, Ellen Morelli
For more information, contact Simone Skerritt at firstname.lastname@example.org